Adina's Dress & Easter Rewind

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Morning, friends!  I promised you all last week that I'd share Adina's Easter dress this week, and I'm here today to deliver.  I used the Vintage Sundress Pattern from Simple Simon and Company.  In all the dresses/outfits I've made for Adina, this is literally my favorite pattern EVER.  The explanations are a little unclear, and I feel like she skips a couple of steps; but fortunately, I'm not a novice seamstress and was able to read between the lines.  I followed it pretty closely.  Matter of fact, the only change I made was adding a lining to the skirt itself.  Without further adieu, here it is.
I think my favorite part is the row of vintage buttons down the back.  They were a little expensive but totally worth it.  Plus, any pattern that uses buttons in place of a zipper is a winner in my book ;).
And a couple more just because she was really working the camera.
Here's the whole troop.  I know he's not sporting it in these pics, but Kaden really does have the greatest smile.  He's such a happy baby and even mimics our faces and noises.  It's great fun!
I ended up getting the booties I shared in last month's Friday Faves for Kaden.  LOVE!  Although, I ordered a 3 to 6 month size thinking he'd get to use them longer, since he'll be three-months-old next Friday; but they're WAY too big.  I keep forgetting he's such a little guy.
My big kiddos got new, spring pajamas and, of course, chocolate Easter bunnies for Easter.  Kaden got a couple of Easter story books.
We went to the Saturday night Easter service at our church.  So, Sunday morning was really relaxed.  We had a big breakfast and just hung out until we needed to make the trek to my parents' for lunch with my family.  My big sister is next to my hubby who's sporting the Royals tee.  My little sister is in the bright pink dress, and my brother is in the gray in the back.  Except for me (behind my big sister), everyone else is a spouse or kiddo.
The cousins had tons of fun on the GIANT Easter egg hunt...
and Kaden got lots of extra loving from just about everyone.
We also celebrated my brother, niece...
and Dad's birthdays.  I missed blowing out the candles.  Every time I snuck off to nurse Kaden, they got out the food.  LOL!
I'll be back tomorrow to sneak in a For the Love of Books post before the month completely gets away from me.  Until then, thanks so much for checking in on us!  I hope you all had a blessed Easter.  Have a wonderful Wednesday!  Hugs!

17 comments

  1. awwwww...the dress is beautiful and so is your girl. Such gorgeous family you have! Fun pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling dress, she looks so pleased with it, and I love the photo of the three kiddos! Glad to hear you had a wonderful Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww what an adorable dress Jinny!! I love it!! And it looks like a great time for everyone!! Kaden is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dress!! WOW!! And great pictures. Your children are adorable!! Love the buttons on the dress!!! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such sweet photos.. LOVE Adina's dress.. you are so talented..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jinny your family is so beautiful, your daughter's dress is just the sweetest! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY STARS!!! Jinny you did a fantastic job on Adina's adorable dress, she looks so CUTE!! Looks like a wonderful Easter weekend, TFS the photos. Love the photos of your three kiddos all dressed up for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adina's dress is gorgeous Jinny, and she is adorable in it! So glad your family enjoyed a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adina's dress is so beautiful Jinny. I love the buttons and the sweet little ribbons. The fabric is beautiful. And all the family pictures make my heart happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVING all the photos!!!! Her dress is just GORGEOUS!!!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh...love the dress and those vintage buttons!
    The kids look so cute together! The little one is adorable! Hope you are doing well Jinny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww her dress turned out so pretty.what a lucky girl to have such a talented mom. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful dress Jinny! Absolutely love it. And she looked so adorable. You have a beautiful family, looks like a great Easter too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww...such sweet Easter pics of everyone! Adina's dress is simply adorable! Looks like you had a wonderful Easter celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous dress!! You clever Mommy ... Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kaden is a CC of Ezekiel!!! You see it more and more and oh my Adina's dress is so very precious! Pure perfection! What a beautiful family and time you had!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG!! Jinny LOVE how SWEET this is!! No wonder she was so HAPPY about it!! =) I LOVE the BOOTS too!! A fashionista already I'd say!! LOL!! =) I LOVE the Group Pic too!! Isn't it FUNNY how they NEVER want to put on a show infront of the Camera!! SO HAPPY you had a GREAT Easter!! Ous was AMAZING too!! I got to host for the First time in our New home and it was so FUN!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving some love! Please come visit again soon!

God Bless, Jinny