Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Wplus9 Dec./Jan. Release: Group Post

Today's the day, friends!  Everything you've seen here, throughout Wplus9 Design's December/January Release week, is officially available in the Wplus9 Design Online Store.  Yay!  But before you're off to getting 'em while they're hot, I've got one more creation up my sleeve.
I started this card by anchoring a piece of purple, polka dot, patterned paper, to the Kraft, cardstock, card face, with white-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches.  I then used my Cameo to cut the shutters from White cardstock and the window from Bashful Blue cardstock.  The latter was stamped, in White ink, with the woodgrain background, ink distressed, and backed with a piece of clear cardstock.  I then adhered a bit of coral, polka dot, patterned paper in the center of the card face and secured the prepped window over it with foam tape.  The window was then flanked with those previously cut shutters, which also received a healthy dose of glitter.  The wreath images were then stamped, in Garden Green, Perfect Plum, Coral Calypso, and Daffodil Delight inks, on White cardstock and had their center, heart shape die-cut out.  I used a slightly larger, heart die as a stencil to give me the outside outline of the wreath and then just hand cut it out to make sure I didn't trim off any of those yummy, little leaves and/or blooms, before topping it with the stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a vellum, banner die cut, "celebrate" sentiment and embellishing the blooms with a variety of pearls.
The wreath's right side was then dressed up with a bit of Lilac Lace, seam binding ribbon, tied in a dressy bow and embellished with a coral button, laced with a white, chord bow.
Finally, I stamped the little, bird image, from Love Birds, in Bashful Blue ink, on White cardstock; hand cut him out; and adhered him, with foam tape, perched on the window sill.
That covers things for this month, folks.  Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for all your sweet and encouraging comments!  I'm so glad you all love Wplus9 as much as I do :).  Don't forget to stop by the rest of the design team's blogs for lots more inspiration.  And until next time, happy stamping, friends!

Dawn Woleslagle
Hannah Craner
Lea Lawson

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Fresh Cut Wreaths, Love Birds, & Dockside Backgrounds (Wplus9) Paper: Kraft & White (Wplus9); Bashful Blue & coral polka dot (SU); purple polka dot (Jillibean Soup); vellum (Paper Studio); clear (PTI) Ink: Bashful Blue, Coral Calypso, Perfect Plum, Garden Green, Daffodil Delight, & White (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scrapbook Adhesives); window & shutter cut files & Cameo (Silhouette); Dazzling Diamonds & coral button (SU); white chord (Hobby Lobby); pearls (sei); Clear Cut Stackers: Hearts & Banner Trio dies (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); Lilac Lace seam binding ribbon (Paper Sweeties)

20 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

WOW!!! Totally gorgeous!!! Gorgeous colors, gorgeous layers, gorgeous creation!

Lynn said...

Jinny, your heart wreath is absolutely beautiful! So clever!

~amy~ said...

Jinny, this is beautiful! I love all the layers and colors!

thank you so much for the card, I just received it in the mail...you are so sweet!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwww! This is gorgeous!! I love love love the colors and that heart!!!!

Annette Allen said...

ok I am going to say it... you are the layer queen.. you always put the perfect blend together.. LOVE this card.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh how beautiful!! I love the colours!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous! Great layers and I love those colors and that wonderful seam binding!

Angi Barrs said...

Beautiful color combo and design!!!

Ashley Horton said...

Love that light Purple polka dot pattern on the kraft base, Jinny!! Such a gorgeous card!

Jennifer said...

Such a beautiful card Jinny! Hope you're doing we'll and resting. Hugs!

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful card dear Jinny and that lavender against the red is so fresh and energizing!
Thank You~

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is so fresh!! I love this so much!

Charlene said...

Hi Jinny!!! I'm done with my class and couldnt wait to see all your crafty goodness and you didn't disapoint, these creations are over the top gorgeous!!!

Linda R said...

What a beautiful card. Such a pretty bow and I love the pretty color..

Hugs~

Maria said...

Wow! So very pretty Jinny! Love the polka dot paper, lovely heart and bow!

Larissa Heskett said...

Absolutely LOVING this card Jinny!! I LOVE EVEERYTHING about it and I can't wait to get my New Stamps and dies in the mail!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and I hope you and your family have a Fabulous Weekend together!! ;)

Tracy said...

This card is like some super sweet treat in the candy store. Lots of wonderful layers and shapes and textures. Fabulous card Jinny!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card. Loving the shutter and the purple colors.

Lisa said...

Jinny I LOVE the lilac and the touch of red!! This such a pretty card!

Jeanne J said...

Oh I saw this at WPlus9 and knew it was you before I read your name. You just KNOW I'm diggin the purple and red together - this is amazing and a real stand out! Glad you took a chance with all the bold color!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS